Friday 2 November 2012

Christmas carols

I chose these 4 Christmas carols because of the memories attached to them.

O Tannenbaum – the first carol you'll learn as a child, in a German home. And there's the visual reinforcement of the most wonderfully decorated tree. Remember the wonder on seeing it?

Kling, Glöckchen – another carol that captivates the imagination of the child. The sound of it is cheerful. Its ringing in my ears right now, and through my heart :-)

Stille Nacht, heilige Nacht – you just have to include this old classic.

Alle Jahre wieder – my mother and grandmother sang in the church choir and this song was sung every year without fail. When my gran was older and no longer in the choir she would stand beside me in church and sing it with so much passion.






No comments:

Post a Comment