Sunday 15 January 2017

UFO sighting

In 2015, while I was travel along the Cape coast I spotted this interesting house perched on a dune and I wondered what it looked like up close and I was curious about the interior. It's on that strip of road between Keerboomstrand and Enrico's. You just manage to catch sight of it through the lush fynbos. And it was called K Cottage, more intrigue.

So imagine my delight when, in this year's spring issue of Elle Decoration, there is a 10-page feature on that house. So I get my glimpse inside it after all. You'll see the house exterior and interior is a synergistic concept, with no compromise. So beautiful.


I quote from the article: Architect Lesley Carstens compares it to a whale bone eroded by the sea, and yet from other angles it resembles a ship.


Elle Decoration (Oct/Nov 2016) page 126 - 135.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment