Tuesday 19 July 2016

Field and study, without the studying

To tell you the truth I had nothing in the house for breakfast and didn’t want to sit indoors at a restaurant so we took ourselves off to the Field and Study market. What a great surprise. It was casual and comfortable, nice vibe. Unhurried and engaging. A great family market.

I meet the two ladies at the Umba stand. They make crocheted soft toys, really beautiful and with lots of personality. We swopped stories on toy making and I would like to get together with them again. Their group meets every Friday in Parkhurst and I might take a day off work to join them.

I bought proteas, a goose, a gift for a friend and ordered some Christmas decorations. A man on the guitar provided background music. A sweet young woman tried to persuade me to have a draught of beer for breakfast. No thanks. Loved her display, though. We settled for an almond croissant, eventually.

We will most certainly be back here. You should go, take the kids, there are activities for them and some horses to ride.


No comments:

Post a Comment