Wednesday 20 January 2016

Along the ridge, east to west

You know how you drive past a place and you think: I should go there some day and have a look. Then years pass, but one day you do it, you follow the directional boards and you're actually there. So this is how we ended up doing a hike at Kloofendal Nature Reserve on Saturday morning. 

We selected the Dassie Trail because it wasn't the shortest, or the longest. I should have realised that I would need the agility of a dassie, or mountain goat, for this terrain. We only saw one dassie but I am sure many of them saw us. I stop to photograph every little flower, yes I know, so very annoying. That's why we can't hike in a group with others. But the flowers and grasses are all so pretty. Wonderful bird life. It was a great walk and we will be going back.








No comments:

Post a Comment