Tuesday 10 September 2013

The history of things

I'm not really a hoarder but there are some things that I'm so glad I have kept.
My father made these chairs, 4 of them, in the 1960's. They are the most comfortable seats. I only have them because my brother doesn't have the space for them, but thanks bro.
The little paraffin stove is also from our childhood. My mother would put it in the bathroom on winter evenings to keep the room warm during our bath. But wait, it gets better. She would put a saucepan on the top with milk and when the milk was heated we would have a glass of warm milk while in the bath. Bliss.
The painting is from the 'old country' and always hung in the dining room at home. It hangs in my 'library'.


1 comment:

  1. Warm milk in a hot bath in winter? Sounds like heaven.

    ReplyDelete