Wednesday 22 February 2012

A spark, a light, a clap

As I stand outside lightning flashes to the left of me. Two sparks disconnect and travel across the sky in tandem as if holding hands. My eyes follow, I point at them and as I want to say: Look at that, there, it's amazing! Poof! They evaporate.
Later the lightning is so strong it lights up the night, like day, and the thunder so sharp, so close, I fall to the floor looking for cover. The water falls from the sky like a burst dam. I run from room to room closing the windows and when I'm done so is the rain.
Another flash, another clap, right next door, and their lights go out and don't come back on and their security alarm won't stop screaming.
The water arrives again, so much more than rain, pushing against the window, slipping under the door, pulling down the trees, drowning the earthworm. It etches a path through the garden, rushing downhill towards the sea it seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment